Monday, February 4, 2013

South Asia || Week 4


Hi there. Things are going quite well this week!

…Mainly because we found a new [to us] restaurant that is a French bakery. They make such good food and we have been going there nearly everyday, haha! They have French baguettes, éclairs, and delicious sandwiches! And when we don’t eat there we have been taking home extra bread and making soup to go with it or making sandwiches out of them! The family that runs it is hilarious and so sweet! It’s farther away than most of the restaurants we normally go to, but it’s so worth it! And we always have good conversations with other people when we go!

I felt like this was such a great week, because this was the week that we were supposed to go to the village, but instead we stayed here and I got to see how perfect God’s timing is. We met so many people this week and sold so many candles!

Plus, we spent a lot of time at some of the local restaurants redoing their chalkboard menus! That was so fun for me, since I love doing typography related work. But it was also just a good way to spend time with the owners and also help them to have something that looks really nice. I love that I’m able to use my love for art to be able to do ministry… in whatever form that may be!



I definitely feel like I’m getting more adjusted to life here. It doesn’t feel like a trip. It feels like I live here. Which is good, because it helps me feel more settled! [Don’t worry, I’m still going to come home in May]. But several times this week I rode my bike by myself to places, which was nice, knowing I could find my way around and get places by myself, and not run into any people or animals or cars or busses on the busy roads… although that might have almost happened… :)

Things I’m learning:

-- How to crochet! One of our friends is teaching us, so that gives me one more hobby to add to the list!

-- I finished up language classes for now. I feel like I have a good base for starting up conversations. I may take a few more classes later on to learn how to read script!

Things I’m thankful for:

-- The peace that God continues to give me and the way he takes away any worries or fears that I might have!

 Things to pray for:

--Continued health. I am actually feeling really great and haven’t had any more cold symptoms and I haven’t had any headaches!! I am so thankful for that and I would really like it to continue!

-- Once again for the girls we work with and their safety and also that we would be able to build more relationships with them so that they can come to find peace and healing in God.

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers. I can feel them and am so thankful for each one of you!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment