Wednesday, July 25, 2012

East Asia || Day 14


7/25/12 – 11:30 p.m. – Last night here! Wow. I can’t believe it. I am so sad to leave. But I am really eager to get home and tell everyone all about it! Today we had the closing ceremony of camp. It was so hard to say goodbye to everyone! I just want to bring them all home with me! But I know many of them will do great things. All of the campers left around lunch time and then the volunteers got to hang out and take naps – or “snaps” as the students would say. They kept mixing up the words “nap”, “snap”, and “snack”.

Tonight, our group plus Janice, Neva, and Allegra went to the nearby town to eat and hang out. It was really neat to see the small-town life and how people actually live day to day rather than just seeing the tourist sites in the larger city. We had some delicious food. I don’t know exactly what all of it was, but it was delicious! Cumin Beef (tasted like tacos J ), Kung Pow Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, mushrooms, noodle soup, rice… all so great! Even the rice was great and restored my hope that I will be able to eat rice again after this trip. I mean, everyone knows I love my rice. But when you have to eat it for every meal, everyday… it wears on you a little bit. But alas, I think it will still be on my list of favorite foods!

After dinner, we walked around a bit, mostly people watching and taking pictures. Then we saw Priscilla and the GE group and joined them for some karaoke at KTV. SO FUN! We had our own little private room and sang mostly Taylor Swift songs, with a little Michael Jackson mixed in! It was really nice to get to hang out with all of the “foreigners” (Americans) one last time! On the way back to the university we stopped at a super market and bought a few last souvenirs!

I will definitely miss it here! Taking my last shower was bittersweet. And turning my shower card and room keys in was just the same! So many mixed emotions. I feel like in the last 5 or so days, I have really adjusted to this way of life. I think it will be hard to go back. Although, I definitely took a double-long shower tonight to get nice and clean before our 20+ hour trip home tomorrow! So surreal. This has by far been the hardest experience of my life so far on every level, but also the most exciting, and more importantly the most rewarding. Can’t wait to see where He leads me next! J

2 Thessalonians 3: "As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance."
My thoughts exactly. My prayer for the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment