Friday, July 20, 2012

East Asia || Day 9


7/20/12 8:15 a.m. – At 8:15 this morning we woke up and CoCo said “I am really considering God – I need that”. WOW! How neat!! She asked if I could give her more information and I obviously said yes, so we will see what happens. Praying for her!

7/20/12 11:29 p.m. – Last night was weird. I had several strange dreams – one about red riding hood that was very violent. I was having a lot of worries. I just kept praying and praying. I woke up in the middle of the night and my face wouldn’t move. It was stuck in a weird position. I just prayed and it went away. But when I woke up this morning, Coco wanted to talk about God so I know that’s why the attacks were so heavy last night. I still need to talk to her more about it. We had a lecture this morning and the discussion after went really well. CoCo shared how she had seen the Peace in that I have & that it makes her very happy. Then Bryan shared how happy this camp had made him and how he was sad that it was going to have to end.

After lunch, we had Olympics and we played 5 games. One of which was just for the coaches. It was a balloon relay where the coaches had to carry a balloon between their backs through obstacles. Then the last pair would have to pop the balloon using only their backs. Let me tell you – that was the hardest balloon really I’ve ever been a part of and of course I was in the last pairing, which meant that we had to pop the balloon. That balloon never popped. For 5 minutes we tried so hard and my legs were hurting so bad from trying to push against the balloon against my back! Everyone crowded around us and was taking videos, but the balloon never popped! Finally my partner just took it and poked it with a pen, but even then it didn’t pop right away!

This evening was movie night! We watched a movie called 3 Idiots. It’s a Baliwood movie. It was so good!! Although, there were random outbursts of song, which were a little strange! But it dealt with suicide and the pressures of school and parents which is very similar to the pressure that the students face here. Many of them had seen it before, but I pray that because of this camp they can see it in a different light!

Before the movie started, I was just hanging out with Sunny and Grace and I asked if they could give me a Chinese name J They gave me the name “Ruo Lan” (in characters) which translated means “resembling an orchid” because they said I am a beautiful white flower J haha.

Today was better in terms of homesickness – I think because last night I read a lot about Peter & Paul J But still there is only 6 days left! Very exciting! I pray that I don’t feel homesick tomorrow, but can just take in the greatness of being here J I also talked to Peter today and tried to convince him that He should trust God with his problems first, rather than trying to solve his problems, then follow God, but he said he just is not at a stage where He’s willing to do that yet. So we will see what happens and I pray that the Holy Spirit would give me the right words to say to when I am talking with him.

Acts 12: "5 So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him."

"24 But the word of God continued to increase and spread."

No comments:

Post a Comment