Saturday, July 21, 2012

East Asia || Day 10


7/21/12 11:19 p.m. – Today was relaxing! We went to a lecture this morning about interpersonal relationships, which was very good! And then in the afternoon we had a dysfunctional tower game where everyone is assigned a certain disability or handicap and the team still has to try and build the tallest, strongest tower. Our team failed miserably – the tower fell over before the judging even started, mainly because we ran out of tape before it was finished. BUT that’s ok, because they all worked so well as a team and made sure that everyone did their part, had their say, and that no one was left out! It was awesome!

After dinner was the talent show! It was a multicultural talent show and it was really awesome J lots of good acts!

I tried to call home, but it didn’t go through. I might have done it wrong, I don’t know. But I will try again tomorrow and also try to email if possible. The days are getting better, I think because I know we only have a few days left. But the whole-not-having-any-communication-with-the-outside-world-whatsoever thing is pretty hard and lonely. I am just so looking forward to that Korean Airport. Wi-fi, western bathrooms, HOORAY! HOORAY! J But I also think the flight will be hard to sit through. Just because I will be so anxious to get home.

I absolutely love it here though! I just wish it wasn’t 20+ hours of plane rides away. I love these girls and these people so much! J And their culture! It has really opened my eyes to how international students must feel when they come to America. SO different!

Today I braided Graces’s hair. She has been admiring the braids I do in my hair all week, so she LOVED having me do her hair! J I also taught them the wobble, how to line dance, and how to do the running man today! It is so hilarious. None of them have ever danced before, and if they have it’s like traditional cultural dance, so they can’t really do any of the moves right but they have so much fun! It is so great!! Also, Today was Sue’s birthday and the day after tomorrow is Karen’s so our group bought a cake and we lit candles and sang to them! The cake was so yummy! Only 5 more days! Can’t believe it!

Galatians 6: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

No comments:

Post a Comment