Thursday, July 19, 2012

East Asia || Day 8


7/19/12 10:56 p.m. – We now have only one week left! I still feel as though I have been gone for like 6 months! Today I listened to music on my ohone for the first time and it really made me miss home. Like just going on drives and breathing in fresh air.

I opened my Bible today and saw the verse “man does not live on bread alone” in Luke 4 & read about the temptation of Jesus! It really made me so thankful for His example and knowing that there is nothing we have to go through alone.

I got to talk to CoCo some more today. She said an American boy was telling her about the same God I had told her about and she thought that was really neat.

The speaker today, showed some movie clips. One was from Les Mis and so we got to talk about the Bishop and why he was so forgiving. It was really great!

I am starting to get to the point where I can’t eat the breakfast anymore. All I am craving is a big bowl of cereal and some scrambled eggs with salt and pepper and cheese! There are no (or very little) dairy products and everything is either very bland or loaded up with crazy spices and peppers and oils. So it is getting very difficult. Today I didn’t go to breakfast and just ate a granola bar I brought from home while I was at the coach’s meeting (we have a coach’s meeting every morning).

Maybe tomorrow will be better, but I am really just so thankful for His reminding me that man does not live on bread alone! 7 more days! I think when people ask me if I had fun I will say yes, but I will also say it was very hard. I really think this is a very difficult task. I am not doubting at all, as He is proving so faithful! But it is just so difficult to live life on guard 24/7/ But I am so thankful because this is what I should be doing everyday & I am glad for that. I am so thankful that He still continues to provide me with joy so that others can see that.

Luke 4:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, 
18     because he has anointed me
    to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment