Monday, July 16, 2012

East Asia || Day 5


7/16/12 4:10 p.m. - All of the Campers have come and I am so excited! We have a total of 5 campers in our room, plus me, Misty, and Karen, so it’s a full room. Some of them are not used to the heat, so they are struggling a little bit, but I pray it would not hold them back. I am very excited and I think they are eager to learn! One of my roommates, Sunny, just gave me some M&M’s J So exciting. She is from Mongolia & is not doing very well with the heat, but hopefully she will adjust. CoCo is our other roommate. She is very sweet & her English is very good. The other girls in the suite seem very nice and I am excited to get to know them & meet the boys in our group! One of the girls, Grace, told me “Oh! You look so nice! I love blonde and blue!” J Blonde hair, blue eyes (I guess blue is close enough to green ;) )

7/16/12 – 10:33 p.m. - We just finished the first day & wow! What a great time. I love the students in my group & they are so excited to learn. They all tell me I am beautiful because of my blonde hair! If any American is feeling a little down in the dumps, I sincerely suggest coming here! They will tell you how beautiful you are all day! They are teaching me a lot of the language and say that I am very good at pronunciation. But the most exciting thing so far is that CoCo told me she can see the Peace that I have! She said she has never seen a person who could be so happy in front of everyone and not go home and cry at night. I pray that she would continue to see this and that a door would be opened to talk to her.

Psalm 4:
"6 Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”
    Let the light of your face shine upon us, Lord.
7 You have filled my heart with greater joy 
    than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, 
    for you alone, O Lord,
    make me dwell in safety."

No comments:

Post a Comment