Wednesday, July 18, 2012

East Asia || Day 7


7/18/12 11:12 p.m. – Today was day 2 of camp! We had a great time & I feel like we are bonding more as a group. We ate ice cream, played hacky-sack (which is called Jient Za and is made of feathers and metal) and our group won 2nd place at the improve activity we had tonight! We got to do our performance on stage! I am really enjoying being with our group!

However, it is becoming very emotionally and physically drainging to be here. I know it is the enemy’s attacks, so I am praying against that. But we are all (Americans) also realizing that this is what it means to live for Him all day everyday, fully & completely. Which is a great thing and such a blessing! Too often we do not put 100% into worship and serving Him. But here we must be on guard 24 hours a day. Meal time, group time, sleeping time. All the time. There are eyes watching and moments that we can share with them. We never have alone time – except the shower, which as previously mentioned is not the most enjoyable part of my day. I love these girls & these times so much, but it is hard. But we must remember that if He can die on a cross for us, surely we can live for Him :).

Also, we are all starting to talk in broken English! Just because that’s all we hear all day long! It’s so funny. None of us can even think of any higher vocabulary words. We’re all wondering if we will come home and say something like “Hi. I had great time on trip. It was so fun and enjoyable”.

Today we played a game where you tape a piece of paper on your back and everyone writes their first impressions of you on it. It’s supposed to tell you how other people perceive you and let you know if there are things you should change about your body language, or your attitude. Then we get a chance to talk as a group and everyone can share if there’s anything else they would like the group to know about them. They all wrote that I was kind, beautiful, gentle, and warm-hearted. But one person wrote that I was Snow White :) That made me so happy :) I think it is hilarious! I kept remembering it all day and laughing to myself!


Lamentations 3:
55 I called on your name, O Lord,
    from the depths of the pit.
56 You heard my plea: “Do not close your ears
    to my cry for relief.”
57 You came near when I called you,
and you said, “Do not fear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment